Mechanical or Energy Engineer / Environmental Sustainable Design (ESD) Consultant – Junior level
We are currently looking for a Mechanical or Energy Engineer / Environmental Sustainable Design (ESD) Consultant (Junior level) with an open mind and preferably some experience with building modeling and simulations to join our team in Budapest.
Advanced Building and Urban Design (ABUD) is an engineering and research company specialized in innovative and sustainable design and consultancy. We offer services from the conceptual planning phase to the realisation of a project, from a detached house to urban concepts. Apart from designing new buildings according to the latest standards of sustainability, we see a great challenge in the green refurbishment of existing buildings. Our clients and collaborators include local and international architectural design studios, world leading investors and developers, research institutions, governmental and municipal stakeholders.
The role will involve defining concepts, providing qualitative expert advice, and working on quantification and validation using advanced simulation techniques to model the environmental performance of buildings, neighborhoods and cities to inform:
- Building form, massing and orientation strategies
- Façade thermal and solar performance
- Natural ventilation design
- HVAC system performance
- Daylight provision, solar access analysis
- Internal and external comfort (thermal, wind, glare, etc)
- Energy performance
- Operational and embodied energy use, walkability and daylighting potential of urban districts.
- Undertaking detailed engineering analysis in the fields of dynamic thermal modeling and other design evaluation fields within the built environment, lead by a supervisor
- Presentation of results and formal reporting, lead by a supervisor
- Communicating and collaborating with internal team members
Core Skills and Requirements:
As a Entry-level / Junior Consultant, who is just about to start their career or already has some experience in the field, you are expected to demonstrate:
- Academic qualification in an engineering based degree (most preferably MSc mechanical engineer, Energy engineer)
- Strong knowledge of HVAC systems, state-of-the-art building service technologies and building physics
- Interest in learning different types of computer simulations to solve complex problems
- Having experience of or strong interest in DesignBuilder
- Having experience of or strong interest in design evaluation using computational techniques such as daylighting, façade optimization, UHI, CFD, shading controls, etc.
- Innovative thinking and an open, analytical mindset
- Fluent written and oral communication skills BOTH in Hungarian and English
- The ability to be a strong team player with a collaborative working style
- Intermediate (or above) knowledge of Rhino, Grasshopper and its plugins (LB+HB, Butterfly, etc.)
- Qualifications in BREEAM or LEED environmental rating systems, or a solid understanding thereof
- Type of Employment: Full-time or Part-time
- Experience level: Junior / Entry level
- Functions: Consulting, Engineering
- Industries: Architecture & Planning, Renewables & Environment
- Place of work: Budapest (XI district Orlay street) and home office
Please share this opportunity or apply with a CV and cover letter at: email@example.com
We are looking forward to meeting our new colleague!